Thursday, May 15, 2014

16 Months!

So...Picasa sucks and deleted all my photos from my ENTIRE blog, except a few. I am so upset! I have the originals, but it's going to take some time getting everything back in order. I did do a new blog header, though! Snazzy, eh? 
Because of all the craziness of basically re-creating my entire blog, I haven't posted in a while. SO much has happened with the girls these last few months! 

16 Months
(13 months adjusted)

Avery
  • Fastest walker you ever did see! She pretty much runs everywhere she goes
  • So busy! Honestly, she never. stops. moving
  • Doesn't have any specific toys she particularly loves, she just loves everything
  • Loves to be outside! She'll grab my hand and walk me to the door about 50 times a day. It's going to be hard this summer while it's hot outside!
  • Still has quite the attitude. And the tantrums have begun! If she doesn't get something she wants (usually whatever Harper has), she'll throw herself on her stomach, bury her head into the ground and let out a good [loud] cry. It takes every ounce of me not to laugh because it is so hilarious, but I just let her have her moment :)
  • Can say "mama" "dada" "papa" "hi" and [sometimes] "bye bye"
  • Has three teeth, with a fourth on the way. Two anterior bottoms and one (and a half) on top
  • Tiny girl! She still hasn't reached 20 pounds and I don't see it happening for a few months!
  • A good little eater! Her favorites are: GRAPES, avocado, chicken, peas, eggs, homemade bread and mandarin oranges. She doesn't love carrots or pasta
"I'M SO SAD!" (Cutest face ever)

"All better"





Harper
  • Also a great little walker! She's not as fast as Avery, but she still manages to get into as much trouble ;)
  • LOVES books. She will come sit on my lap and bring a book to read and we'll read it over and over and over. Her favorites are The Foot Book by Dr. Seuss and Goodnight Moon
  • SUCH a girly girl. She has a little purse that came with a bracelet and cell phone and she'll put on the bracelet and carry that purse everywhere. She'll pick up her bows or whatever little toys she can find and put them in her purse. It is the sweetest! 
  • Also loves to be outside with her sister. She loves pushing their stroller around
  • Is pretty protective of me, which sounds weird...but if Chad wrestles with me or tickles me and I yell out, she'll cry and run to me and give Chad the dirtiest look! Then she'll give me a big snuggle and hang out with me for a few minutes. She doesn't quite get that we're just playing, but it is so sweet
  • She also does NOT like if Avery sits on my lap. She'll come up and push Avery off or just squeeze in so Avery has to move
  • Loves music! She will dance like there's no tomorrow, that girl. And she'll sing! Oh, it's the cutest thing ever
  • Can say "mama" "papa" "dada" and "happy"
  • Has five teeth - three anterior bottoms, and two uppers. She'll have quite the gap on top, unfortunately. Just like her mama had! Poor girl...
  • Still loves food! Her favorites are: peanut butter sandwiches, mandarin oranges, chicken, mango, homemade bread, crackers, green beans and Cheerios. She doesn't love peas, carrots, avocado, or grapes 
Breakfast at Kneaders! I'm thinking she liked it.


She loves drinking from my water jug. Forget sippy cups.




They are good sleepers, lately (knock on wood). They wake up around 6:30-7:00am, drink some milk, and go back to sleep (if we're lucky) till about 7:30am. They nap from noon to about 3:00pm (SO nice!), then go to bed around 7:00pm.

They are still wearing size 4 diapers, and are in 12-18 month clothes. 
They love watching the clothes in the washer/dryer!

With their BFF/next door neighbor, Ellie!



I love how happy Harper is in this picture :)


We've tried staying at church longer, but it is darn near impossible. They're at the stage where they want to be independent so they won't just sit on our laps. So, we spend most of the time in the foyer...or empty rooms...or halls... ;) These girls are keeping me very busy. I'll admit, it's exhausting! But, I wouldn't have it any other way. I love how much they make me laugh and the fun we have with each other every day. It is such a blessing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment