Saturday, November 17, 2012

continued...

read this part first 

"Katelyn?"
"Yes?", I shakily replied.
"How are you?", she said with a smile in her voice.
"Ummm, I'm okay...", I said. Somewhat annoyed she hadn't already gotten to the point.
"This is so-and-so from Dr. Slater's office. I'm calling with the results from your blood test this afternoon".
"Yeah, okay...and?"
"Well, you're pregnant!", she said ecstatically.
IMMEDIATE RELIEF.
"Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh", I said. 
I really, genuinely, didn't even know what to say. I was completely overwhelmed with about a million emotions. Everything we had experienced the last three years was gone. All the pain and heartache. The countless negative pregnancy tests. The jealousy. The anger. The tear soaked pillows. The continual prayers for one special blessing and not understanding why He was making us wait so long. It was all overcome with a happiness I'd never experienced. Truly, I didn't know whether to laugh, cry, or fall on my knees and thank my Heavenly Father for putting me through the hardest trial of my entire life, because it was all leading to this tiny moment. 

She continued on, telling me the blood count numbers, what they meant, etc. But to be honest, the rest of the conversation was a blur. I just wanted to call Chad and let him know he was going to be a father

Much like the previous conversation, the rest of the day was a whirlwind of emotions. We let family know, surprised Chad's parents, and thought about just how blessed we were. 

Two weeks later, we had our first ultrasound. We were going to get to see our baby! OUR baby! When the nurse came in to get started, I was literally shaking with excitement. Yet, I was so nervous at the same time. Is the baby still in there? Is it healthy? What will it look like? My mind was racing. But all that craziness in my head was washed away when we saw this:



Yep, two babies. Two. TWO! Not only were we pregnant, but we were pregnant with twins. Oh my. Chad was so cute during the ultrasound. He had the biggest smile on his face. He wouldn't look away from the screen. And for the first time since I've known him, his eyes welled up with tears. I was so excited, I didn't know how to express it. But Chad was able to express enough happiness for the both of us. I'd never felt a feeling like that. Pure joy.  
So, here we are. Halfway through the pregnancy of our first children. I've never felt better. I've never been happier. Sure, I've had some scary moments. Have I been sick? Yes. Am I uncomfortable? Of course. Is it worth it? My goodness, yes. I feel ungrateful when I complain. Heavenly Father has given Chad and I the greatest gifts we could've ever asked for. Not only is He blessing us, but He's putting His trust in us to raise two of His children here on this earth. I would never want Him to feel anything from me other than pure gratitude.

Below, you will find updates via instagram from the last 20 weeks or so. 
You're welcome:


 13 weeks



 14 weeks 


 15 weeks



 17 weeks


 Halloweenies 


 18 weeks


 Big ol' belly


19 weeks
I have more ultrasound pics, but I don't feel like scanning them right now. Maybe next post?


STATS:
How far along:
20 weeks tomorrow!
How big is baby:
About 7 inches each
Total weight gain:
8 pounds
Sleep: 
Not bad - just switching sides a lot. My hips hurt if I lie on one side for too long.
Best moment of the week:
Feeling these babies kick up a storm. They sure are active little things!
Food cravings:
Frozen yogurt and fresh strawberries
Food aversions:
Costa Vida...ick.
Symptoms:
Heartburn, lower back pain.
Gender:
We know...but that won't be announced till after Thanksgiving :)
Movement: 
They are having far too much fun in there. I feel them kick a lot, but I'm also noticing when they're changing positions. They also really like Taylor Swift. No joke, every time I turn her new album on, they go nuts in there. It's pretty adorable.
What I'm looking forward to:
Wednesday - I get to see my family and FINALLY announce what the twinlets are!
What I miss:
Nothing - I'm loving it all.
Next appointment:
December 10th
March can't come fast enough!

3 comments:

  1. I can not believe you are half way through your pregnancy AND you have a food aversion to Costa Vida? Say what now? And scary moments?...Umm you are gonna have to fill me in whenever we talk next. I have more updates for you, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh how exciting! Congratulations :D and two little babies! Even better. I can't believe you're half way. Can't wait to hear what they are :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made me cry! Oh also - I had a food aversion to Costa too! Gave me heartburn. :(

    LOVE THIS. I am so happy and excited for you and Chad!

    ReplyDelete