Thursday, June 9, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today is June 9th...my mom's birthday! I'm not able to actually be with her for her birthday, so I decided to do a blog post about her. How lucky is she? Pretty lucky. SO lucky, in fact, that I uploaded her favorite picture of herself. Below, you can see us keepin' it real. Doin' our thang. It's pretty apparent I liked the camera. I'm not so sure about my mom...

Okay, the picture below is a teensy bit better.
But for reals, I'm so grateful to have such an amazing, beautiful, caring mother in my life.

She's taught me so much:
- how to cook
(I don't know how many times I asked her to help me make grilled cheese. [Granted, I mostly just didn't want to make it so she'd "show" me, but really I just let her do all the work])
- how to clean
(Who knew baseboards needed to be cleaned? I sure didn't...)
- how important it is to laugh
(us kids give her a hard time, but she always laughs along with us)
- that "damn" and "hell" aren't real swear words
- to let your children blast wilson phillips and sing along using hairbrushes as microphones...even your son...

But more importantly she taught me:
- patience
- unconditional love
- how important service is
- how to fully engulf yourself in the gospel
- to always see the good in others
- to trust my instincts
- to step outside my comfort zone
- to listen
- how to have a good relationship with my husband
and some day,
- how to be a good mom

If I'm half the mom she is, I'll know I've done good. I can't imagine my life without her and I'm so grateful for her amazing example.
I love you mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment